Ventura Product Liability Lawyer
If you or one of your family members was injured by a defective product, or if a loved one was wrongfully killed by a product defect, the manufacturer, retailer, distributor, or other parties may be liable. With aggressive representation by an experienced Ventura product liability attorney, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, and other hardships caused by your injuries or the loss of your loved one.
Let the California personal injury lawyers of Bamieh & De Smeth help fight for you and your family. Our knowledgeable team of attorneys brings over 22 years of experience to every product liability lawsuit we handle, and we are not afraid to go up against large corporations in pursuit of justice for our clients. If you were injured by a malfunctioning product, we can work to hold the manufacturer accountable for your losses. Call our law offices at (805) 585-5056 as soon as possible for a free and confidential legal consultation.
Types of Injury Claims Our California Defective Product Attorneys Handle
All of use countless products every day, from the moment we wake up in the morning to the moment we fall asleep at night. While most of these products are thoroughly tested for consumer safety, extremely dangerous products can still reach the market when manufacturers make errors, rush production, or intentionally ignore safety regulations. When corporations cut corners to maximize their profits, innocent consumers are left to pay the price.
Many of the products we think of as being harmless, or even beneficial to our health, can cause serious injuries, illnesses, or wrongful death if they suffer from hidden defects. Types of product liability claims our attorneys handle in Ventura County and Santa Barbara County include:
- Automotive Defects
- Baby Products
- Bicycle and Motorcycle Helmets
- Car Accessories
- Cooking and Kitchen Appliances
- Electronics and Gadgets
- Flammable Clothing and Upholstery
- Food and Beverages
- Heating Blankets
- Home Appliances
- Industrial Machinery
- Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Medical Devices
- Pet Food
- Phone Chargers
- Prescription Drugs
- Safety Gear
- Sports Equipment
- Swimming, Pool, and Boating Products
- Topical Creams and Gels
- Toys and Children’s Products
Product liability claims generally deal with one of three issues:
- Manufacturing Defects – A manufacturing defect is a defect that develops due to an error that occurred during the manufacturing process. These types of errors can cause products to have cracks, tears, weak spots, sharp edges, contamination, fire hazards, choking hazards, and other defects that make their use dangerous.
- Design Defects – Design defects are fundamental defects that make a product inherently dangerous, even if it is skillfully manufactured and assembled. The 15-passenger van is an example of a design defect. Even though there is nothing physically wrong with these vans, their very design can make them susceptible to rollover accidents and tire blowouts.
- Failures to Warn – Some products have hazards that cannot be eliminated. Such products must feature clear, prominent, and accurate warnings about the dangers that can occur. Failure to include proper warnings and instructions can lead to fatal accidents.
Compensation for Accidents and Wrongful Death Caused by Dangerous Products
Examples of potentially hazardous products that have led to recent recalls or lawsuits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3 Squares Tim3 Machin3 Slow Cookers
- Bair Hugger Warming Systems
- Blue Bell, Blue Bunny Ice Cream
- CRF Frozen Foods
- GITI Tires, Continental Tires
- Honda Civic Parking Brakes
- Hyundai Sonata Sunroofs
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Smartphones
- Takata Airbags
- Tyson Popcorn Chicken
If you were injured or became sick after using these or other products, or if a loved one was killed in a fatal accident, you may be able to recover compensation. Compensation may be available for expenses you have already incurred, as well as expenses that are expected to arise the future, such as the cost of a surgery you will need in the future.
As personal injury attorneys, our legal team has extensive experience handling claims and lawsuits involving a wide range of serious injuries, illness, and complications. We understand how and why these injuries occur, and are familiar with the sorts of costs that can arise for the victims as they go through the treatment process. We can work aggressively to negotiate a settlement, and are prepared to go to trial if litigation serves your best interests. Types of defective product injury claims we handle include:
- Birth Injuries
- Blood Clots
- Bone Fractures
- Burn Injuries
- Chemical Burns
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Electrical Burns
- Head Injuries
- Limb Amputation
- Nerve Damage
- Organ Failure
- Scarring and Disfigurement
- Soft Tissue Injuries (Sprains, Strains)
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI)
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Wrongful Death
If your injuries were caused by the negligence of a product manufacturer, it may be possible to recover compensation for financial and non-financial losses, including but not limited to:
- Burial Expenses
- Funeral Expenses
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Loss of Income
- Medical Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
Contact Our Ventura Product Liability Lawyers for a Free Legal Consultation
When you spend your hard-earned money on a product, you expect and deserve a product is safe for you and your loved ones. If you or one you family members was hurt by a defective or malfunctioning product, you may have grounds for a lawsuit or personal injury claim. The product liability attorneys at The Law Offices of Bamieh & De Smeth, PLC are here to help.
Our California personal injury law firm represents injury victims and the surviving loved ones of wrongful death victims throughout Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties, including Santa Maria, Oxnard, Lompoc, Thousand Oaks, Goleta, Simi Valley, Carpinteria, Bell Canyon, Guadalupe, Lake Sherwood, Montecito, Toro Canyon, and beyond. If you were in an accident or developed an illness from using a defective product, call our law offices immediately at (805) 585-5056 for a free, completely confidential legal consultation.