If you have been charged with a crime in California, it is vitally important that you are represented by a skilled Ventura County criminal defense attorney who has experience handling the charges against you. A criminal conviction can result in costly fines, years of incarceration, suspension of your driver’s license, and other serious penalties. Representation by a knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer gives you the greatest chance of beating the charges or obtaining a sentence reduction so that you can get back to your normal life again.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Defense Lawyer in Ventura County?
It may sound biased for an attorney to advise you to hire an attorney. However, there are at least five significant benefits of being represented by a lawyer if you are facing criminal charges in California:
- Protection of your legal rights. Prosecutors are highly trained, extremely aggressive, and work with one goal in mind: proving that you are guilty. Your attorney will protect your best interests, advise you of your options, and make sure that your Constitutional rights are not being violated.
- In-depth knowledge of defense strategies. Depending on what you have been charged with, there may be a variety of defenses which can be successfully utilized. For instance, if you were charged with DUI (Driving Under the Influence), was the breathalyzer reading accurate? Your attorney will comb through every detail of your case to explore the possible strategies that could be used to secure your freedom.
- Extensive resources to support you. While court-appointed public defenders are often skilled and dedicated, they are heavily burdened with overwhelming caseloads and work under tight budgetary constraints. As a result, public defenders are limited in what they can realistically do when handling a case – which can have disastrous consequences for the defendant. A private law firm can dedicate its full resources to focusing on your case, whether that means tracking down witnesses, sending evidence away for lab analysis, or interviewing experts.
- Minimized financial losses. People sometimes hesitate to hire an attorney because they are concerned about the legal fees. However, the costs of being convicted are substantially greater, especially if the defendant has been charged with a felony. Some California crimes can result in fines as great as $10,000 – not to mention additional expenses like victim restitution, court fees, and fees to participate in court-ordered safety courses or rehabilitative programs.
- Constant support and guidance. Being charged with a crime is an extremely stressful situation, not only for the defendant, but also for his or her family members and loved ones. Your attorney is there to provide emotional support and help lighten your burden as much as possible. He or she will take care of your legal paperwork, prepare you for court appearances, and make sure you understand your rights, responsibilities, and options.
Ultimately, the decision to hire a California criminal lawyer is up to you and your loved ones. But for all of the reasons described above, we strongly urge you to consider seeking legal representation as soon as possible. Your initial consultation with Bamieh & De Smeth is completely free of charge, so there is no financial risk or obligation in discussing your situation with our experienced attorneys. We will keep your information confidential.
Were You Arrested? Contact a Ventura Criminal Defense Attorney for a Free Consultation
If you or one of your family members was arrested in Ventura County, there is no time to waste assessing your situation and reviewing the legal options that may be available to you. The sooner you contact an attorney, the sooner he or she can begin answering your questions, explaining your legal rights, and formulating a strategy on your behalf.
The California criminal attorneys of Bamieh & De Smeth have more than 22 years of experience representing juveniles and adult defendants charged with felonies and misdemeanors in Ventura County, including drug possession, drug distribution, theft, robbery, burglary, murder, manslaughter, DUI, assault, and white collar crimes. Our combination of expansive legal knowledge, attention to detail, and personal focus on our clients has enabled us to successfully obtain numerous acquittals and sentence reductions for defendants who up against challenging situations. We are aggressive courtroom opponents who have established a reputation for trying more cases than any other firm in Ventura County.
To set up a free legal consultation, call the Law Offices of Bamieh & De Smeth, PLC right away at (310) 853-8341. Our California criminal lawyers handle cases in Simi Valley, Santa Paula, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, Ojai, Camarillo, Moorpark, Fillmore, Port Hueneme, Santa Barbara, and other locations in and around the Ventura County area.