Questions & Answers
Criminal Defense Questions
Over 20 Years of Effective Criminal Defense
If you have been accused of committing a violent crime, your future is in jeopardy. This can be a very frightening time to deal with, as questions regarding your future and the possibility of prison time begin to take hold. Retaining the services of an experienced violent crimes lawyer who can craft a robust defense is critical to securing your future. At The Law Offices of Bamieh & Erickson, PLC, we are equipped with the knowledge and experience necessary to help defend you against these serious accusations.
Our criminal defense attorneys are not afraid to take your case to trial and are prepared to dedicate the necessary time to build a hard-hitting defense. With inclusion on the 2013 Super Lawyers® list, a 2011 Defense Attorney of the Year award, and a Superb Avvo rating, we have established ourselves as a force to be reckoned with and are committed to providing the defense that our clients need.
Being accused of a violent crime requires immediate attention. Call (805) 310-4371 now so we can get started building your case.
What is Considered a Violent Crime?
A “violent crime” consists of any criminal action that involves the act of harming of another person through the use of physical force. These actions are particularly troubling as they can lead judges and juries to believe that the accused is prone to reckless behavior and a danger to society. Violent crimes typically face harsher penalties and are usually charged as felonies.
Q & A – Criminal Law
If you are charged with a criminal offense in Ventura, it is understandable to have numerous questions and concerns. Your future and your freedom is in jeopardy, and we want to ensure that you feel comfortable that you can face your charges with confidence. At The Law Offices of Bamieh & Erickson, PLC, we have made it our mission to keep our clients educated and informed throughout the legal processes. Our criminal defense attorneys will be personally available to address your concerns.
Still Looking for Help?
If you have questions or concerns that have not been covered on this page, feel free to give us a call or fill out a brief online form. We can schedule a free case evaluation so that you have the opportunity to discuss your case with an experienced defense lawyer with the knowledge that you need. If your future is on the line, we are here to help!
Navigate through the links below to find answers to questions we face on a daily basis.
General Criminal Law Questions
- Can the police arrest me without a warrant?
- What is the typical procedure in criminal court?
- How are criminal offenses classified under California law?
- Miranda Rights in California
- What is the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor?
- How is bail determined?
- What are probation and parole?
- What can I expect from sentencing?
- What is a plea bargain?
- Can a plea be withdrawn?
- Should I plead guilty or not guilty?
- My child was arrested. Where was he or she taken?
- Will my child be charged in adult court?
- Do I have to pay my child’s fees?
- How can I find someone who is in jail or prison?
- How can a lawyer help me if I am obviously guilty?
- What is the difference between assault and battery?
- What will happen if I post bail?
About Hiring a Defense Lawyer
- Are there free resources if I cannot afford a lawyer?
- What should I look for in a potential lawyer?
- Do I need a lawyer?
- How long should I wait before hiring a lawyer?
- What should I bring when I meet with a lawyer?
- What should I expect from my lawyer?
- What should I wear to court?
- How can I get out of jury duty?
- What can I expect from jury duty?
- Where is the Ventura County Court?
- What is a deposition?
Other Criminal Defense Questions
- Should I talk with the police?
- What are my rights when the police search my home or other property?
- What is the procedure for obtaining a restraining order?
- Are my court records public?
- How do I get a copy of a police report?
- How do I file a complaint against the police department?
- Can I carry a concealed weapon?
- What is a breathalyzer?
- What is the fine for a DUI?
- What consequences will I face for a DUI?
- What is the legal blood alcohol level?
- Should I take a field sobriety test?
- What is uninsured motorist coverage?
- Will my insurance rates increase after an auto accident?
- My driver’s license was suspended. Can I get it back?
- What will happen if I ignore a traffic ticket?
- Can I contest a traffic violation?